1. Drunk man standing still in the middle of the road
2. Stray cat peeing in the middle of the road
3. You have no other choice but to reflect on your life (and problems)
4. It’s hard to see the road pass your tears
5. Don’t play sad songs while driving alone…and at night
6. Sad songs can just make you cry more
Okay, good night.
By Paul Ellis
Another Superman movie has just opened. I’ll probably go see it. I like Superman. What’s not to like? He’s a cool guy.
But what puzzles me is how some churches are using Superman to promote Jesus. I kid you not.
I read in the paper this morning that the new Man of Steel movie sold a gazillion tickets on opening weekend partly because US mega-churches “encouraged congregations to see the film by likening the superhero to Jesus.”
Now I love dissecting movies to see how they convey timeless messages of love, redemption, and grace. It’s one of my favorite past-times. But I don’t know that I would tell my kids to go to a Superman movie to learn about Jesus.
That’s like going to a Justin Bieber concert to learn about Mozart.
Fact is, Jesus is infinitely bigger, better, and greater than Superman and every other “god” we may create out of our imagination. Indeed, this is what makes Jesus so cool. He’s more magnificent than we can comprehend. He’s beautiful beyond words.
So rather than using a lesser to describe a greater, it might be more fun to consider some of the ways the greater is superior to the lesser. So here are…
12 ways Jesus is better than Superman